Entertainer of the Year: Point of Grace
Male Vocalist: Tommy Brandt
Female Vocalist: Mary James
Musician of the Year: Dennis Agajanian
Vocal Group: CrossCountry The Band
Mainstream Inspirational Song: "This Ain't Nothin'" Craig Morgan
Inspirational Video of the Year: "Temporary Home" Carrie Underwood, Director, Deaton-Flanigen
NASHVILLE, Oct. 15 Power Source Music Group announced last night the winners of the 16th Annual Inspirational Country Music Award Show (ICM awards). Honorees received their awards during a star-studded ceremony taped broadcast from Trinity Music City USA Auditorium.
Point of Grace won Entertainer of the Year following their 2009 ICM Vocal Group of the Year. This is no surprise at all to those who have watched followed their success in the gospel market that the talented and gifted group has recently seen their audience expand to the country music arena with the poignant hit "How You Live (Turn Up the Music)."
Country superstar, Carrie Underwood, won for Inspirational Video of the Year, for her hit single "Temporary Home", directed by Deaton-Flanigen and Multi-Award winning artist, Craig Morgan, was selected Mainstream Country Artist of the Year as well as winning Mainstream Inspirational Song for "This Ain't Nothin'".
Other big winners included, Tommy Brandt received Male Vocalist of the Year for the second year in a row, Mary James took home Female Vocalist of the Year and Cross Country The Band won Vocal Group.
Dennis Agajanian won Musician of the Year for the 7th time. Agajanian has been performing for over thirty-five years At 15, he taught himself to play the guitar. From early on in his career, Dennis' versatile guitar style and musicianship has amazed many. He is recognized as one of the best acoustic guitar players of his time. He is also an alumnus of the "Guinness Book of World Records" as the fastest flat picker
The 2010 ICM Awards will be aired on DayStar Television Network. The network operates 50 TV stations in the US, reaching 91 million US homes via cable and satellite and over-the-air broadcast including over 26 million cable subscribers as well as being available in 200 countries via international satellites. www.daystar.com
Inspirational Country Music Award Show highlights:
• Storme Warren (GAC) and Megan Alexander (Inside Edition) co-hosted the show
• ICM's added a "Red, White and Blue" to honor the men and women of our military. In addition, Voices of Glory, Top 5 from America's Got Talent 2010 sang, "God Bless America".
• The Corey Brooks Band went barefoot as they walked the carpet and presented an award to raise awareness that over 300 million children in the world do not have shoes. Soles4Souls, the international shoe charity has given away 11 million pairs of shoes in over 170 countries in the first five years of its inception. The charity will benefit from a portion of the award show ticket sales.
• Joey + Rory performed "Where Jesus Is" and Love And Theft performed "Dancing In Circles".
• Additional star-studded performances included: Branded, Ricky Skaggs, Steve Richard, Andy Griggs, Jeff Bates, Sarah Darling, The Springs, Emma Jacob, Mary James, Russ Murphy, Tommy Brandt, The Roys, Nathan Stanley and CrossCountry The Band
• Katrina Elam showed off her vocal talents performing "Dream Big". The Oklahoma native and Universal Records South Recording Artist stars in the upcoming motion picture, Pure Country 2: The Gift, with George Strait, Travis Fimmel and J.D. Parker, which opens in theaters on Friday, October 15, 2010.
• Leigh Ann Tuohy was on hand to accept the awards for The Blind Side, winner of the Faith, Family, & Country Movie.
Following is the list of winners in the 21 categories voted on by the CCMA membership:
Entertainer of the Year
Point of Grace
CrossCountry The Band
Mainstream Inspirational Country Song
"This Ain't Nothin'"
Christian Country Song
"Cowboys Love Jesus Too"
Mainstream Country Artist
Johnny Lee Cook
WCWV, Summersville, WV
Carrie Underwood-Director, Deaton-Flanigen
Pioneer-Living Legend Award
Dan Cowart- Audio Outreach Ministries
Inspirational Bluegrass Artist
Youth In Music Award
Music Evangelist of the Year
Faith, Family, & Country Movie
The Blind Side
Warner Brothers Pictures
The annual Inspirational Country Music Awards are dedicated to honoring and showcasing the biggest names and emerging talent among artists who perform Christian and Inspirational Country music. Inspirational music is inspired by Faith, Family, and Country™. The member-voted ICM Awards Show is the keynote event of Inspirational Country Music Week (ICM Week), in Nashville, TN. The convention and show are presented by the 501C-3 not-for-profit corporation, founded in 1992, The Christian Country Music Association. www.ccma.cc
2010 Inspirational Country Music Week (ICM Week) sponsors include Kyser Musical Products, Black River Music Group, Sumner County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Not Alone, Force MP Entertainment, Gibson & Epiphone Guitar and Power Source Music Magazine.
Please visit www.icm-awards.com for show highlights, TV airtimes and dates.
|< Prev||Next >|