San Diego, CA - The Washington Projects join forces with The International Justice Mission (IJM), and the incredibly talented graphic animator known as Freek Van Haagen. Together, they have created a breathtaking new music video with stunning imagery, which will prayerfully aid in the efforts to raise global awareness of the worldwide epidemic of human trafficking, and sex/labor slavery. The world premiere will air on February 6th on National/International television on JCTV's XVZ. Check here for your local listings:
The web premiere will be streaming on http://www.rapzilla.com on February 7th and 8th. After which you can watch the video anytime by visiting The Washington Projects official youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WashingtonProjectsTV/videos
The 2X Dove Award winning group The Washington Projects, previously known as Souljahz, have been long time advocates & abolitionists, lending their voices, time, and talent to help eradicate this terrible stain upon humanity. The goal of this video is to give the viewer a visual understanding of what these victims face on a daily basis, and to entice those taken captive by the imagery to become the change they wish to see. “The majority of people are unaware that these problems still exist today in the capacity that they do. Most that are aware of it, have no clue of how to go about becoming an effective part of the solution.” - Jekob
- After drug dealing, human trafficking (both sex trafficking and trafficking for forced labor) is tied with the illegal arms industry as the second largest criminal industry in the world today, and it is the fastest growing. (U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services)
- Worldwide, there are nearly two million children in the commercial sex trade. (UNICEF)
- There are an estimated 600,000 to 800,000 children, women and men trafficked across international borders annually. (U.S. Department of State)
- Approximately 80 percent of human trafficking victims are women and girls, and up to 50 percent are minors. (U.S. Department of State)
- The total market value of illicit human trafficking is estimated to be in excess of $32 billion. (U.N.)
- Sex trafficking is an engine of the global AIDS epidemic. (U.S. Department of State)
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION'S RESPONSE
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to secure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to ensure that public justice systems - police, courts and laws - effectively protect the poor. IJM investigators spend hundreds of hours gathering and documenting evidence of trafficking and sexual exploitation. Using this evidence, IJM staff members then partner with local authorities to rescue victims from situations of ongoing abuse and ensure that they have access to aftercare services to meet their vital needs. Sex trafficking will endure as long as it remains a profitable criminal enterprise. By freeing victims and prosecuting their perpetrators, IJM operations increase the risk and decrease the profitability of trafficking for those who would commit this crime.
Join us in spreading the news about this powerful video and about IJM’s mission.
For more information on The Washington Projects, and to hear more music, visit:
- Form more information on IJM, and to find out how you can become involved, visit: http://www.ijm.org
- This video was made possible by Freek van Haagen. If you are looking for some of the best animation or illustration work, please visit: http://www.freekvanhaagen.nl/
|< Prev||Next >|