About Rock The Island Festival Christian Music Festival
Rock The Island Festival was birthed while sitting around a breakfast table in early 2012, discussing the less than positive direction in which youth of our area seemed to be heading, a group of local business people wondered what they could do to stop the downward spiral and change the direction. Their answer was to provide a safe, family friendly, one day concert event, designed purposely to encourage social and racial diversity and kindness. An event filled with only positive messages. A day for fun and laughter, a day that entire families could enjoy together.
A committee was assembled, a budget was set and the local business community contributed $60,000 toward the inaugural event. To sum it up: Over 3,000 were in attendance, many ministries participated and the community embraced Rock The Island Festival!
Building on the initial success, the vision for 2013 was expanded, the budget was increased and attendance grew to over 7000. Two other programs were added, Rock The Schools, a program that was taken into the schools to address current issues and positive solutions for students and Rock The Community, a service project for students to learn to serve, take ownership in their community and build relationships with like-minded students.
For 2014, Rock the Island Festival continues to build, grow and expand on the foundation built by the previous events.
New for this year:
1. Master of Ceremonies: BRIAN PRUITT
- Former AP 1st Team All American Running Back and second leading rusher in the country.
- Founder of Power of Dad Organization.
3. Francesca Battistelli
4. Graham Saber
6. J.J. Weeks Band
7. Alive City
8. SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: FATHER TONY RICARD
- a Priest for the Archdiocese of New Orleans and is the Pastor of Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish. He is also a former Core Instructor of Church Doctrine for the Institute for Black Catholic Studies at Xavier University in New Orleans. Fr. Tony has given keynote addresses, retreats, revivals, and youth talks across the nation, including World Youth Day 2012. At last count, he has preached in 20 countries.
- Catholic chaplain for the New Orleans Saints, featured in a nationally released commerical promoting the NFL Network in 2010 and a documentary bearing his name sharing his story of unshakable faith after Hurricane Katrina.
|< Prev||Next >|