As Easter Approaches, UNBROKEN Special Edition DVD—in Stores Tomorrow—Leads Pack of Hollywood's Faith Offerings
In a strong show of support, more than 5,000 pastors and faith leaders joined a national Tele-Town Hall last week to hear from Luke Zamperini about his father’s story, asking for opportunities to engage with the special UNBROKEN LEGACY OF FAITH Bonus Disc—featuring extended content with Louie Zamperini, Billy Graham, and Greg Laurie—available tomorrow in Christian bookstores
(Los Angeles, CA, March 23, 2015) — As Easter approaches, and Hollywood races to offer faith compatible products, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is leading the pack with tomorrow’s release of UNBROKEN on Blu-ray and DVD, with its special LEGACY OF FAITH bonus disc available on the DVD. More than 5,000 pastors and faith leaders joined a national Tele-Town Hall meeting last week to hear about LEGACY OF FAITH directly from Louie Zamperini’s son, Luke, and to ask how they can continue to engage with the Oscar-nominated faith film in their own congregations and communities.
The Special Edition LEGACY OF FAITH DVD—available exclusively at Family Christian Bookstores, Mardel Christian Bookstores, and on ChristianBook.com—includes the feature film UNBROKEN and the LEGACY OF FAITH bonus disc containing more than 90 minutes of extra features including interviews and documentary footage with Louie Zamperini, Billy Graham, Greg Laurie and many others. Highlights include: CBN’s “Coming Full Circle,” Greg Laurie’s Harvest Crusade interview and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s “Captured By Grace” documentary.
Adapted from author Laura Hillenbrand’s enormously popular book, UNBROKEN tells the inspiring true story about the resilient power of the human spirit. Olympian and war hero Zamperini survived on a raft for 47 days along with two other crewmen after a near-fatal plane crash in WWII—only to be caught by the Japanese navy and sent to a series of prisoner-of-war camps.
Learn more about LEGACY OF FAITH at http://unbrokenresources.org
Faith Organizations Praise UNBROKEN:
- Plugged In – “UNBROKEN is hard to watch but easy to praise. The horror of the inhumanity it depicts is wrenching. The triumph of one man's spirit and heart is both astounding and deeply inspiring.”
- Faith Driven Consumer – “UNBROKEN is an inspiring faith-friendly film that will solidly resonate with Faith Driven Consumer audiences. This movie positively presents core biblical concepts such as hard work, overcoming adversity, forgiveness, love, Christ-like self-sacrifice, and God’s sovereign hand in our lives.”
- World Net Daily – “That such a film came out of Hollywood is exactly why I’m optimistic about what can happen when the light of God shines in the place where ‘light’ is followed by ‘camera’ and ‘action’!”
- CBN – "UNBROKEN is…a real-life reminder of the healing power of forgiveness and faith. This film is fifty years in the making—and worth the wait!"
- Movieguide – “UNBROKEN extols fighting for liberty amid injustice, refusing to compromise one's values, perseverance, holding onto hope when there seems to be no hope, committing yourself to God, prayer, and forgiving those who persecute you because Christ first forgave you.”
About Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
|< Prev||Next >|