SXSW 2010’s Christian Rap Stage Performers Announced
Houston, TX – February 8, 2010 – South by Southwest (SXSW), the premier Austin-based company dedicated to building and delivering conference and festival events for entertainment and related media industry professionals, has invited back several Houstonians to organize the Christian hip hop showcase at this year’s affair.
Taking place Saturday, March 20 at Austin’s George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center, DaSouth.com presents The Life in Hip Hop will showcase performances from some of gospel hip hop’s most polished performers.
Houston’s Bobby “Tre9” Herring, Jimmie McDowell, and Jason “Sketch the Journalist” Bellini were personally offered the opportunity by Matt Sonzala, a respected independent rap promoter who is the official hip hop booker for SXSW, and asked to help organize this unique platform.
“Last year’s event was such a smashing success that we packed out the venue and even had to turn away over 100 fans,” Tre9 said. “This year we’re going to continue to build our roster and are excited to offer live web streaming video for those that cannot attend.”
This year’s performers for the DaSouth.com Presents The Life in Hip Hop stage include:
· Tedashii – (Dallas, TX – Reach Records) www.reachrecords.com
· FLAME - (St. Louis, MO - Cross Movement Records) www.flame314.com
· k-Drama - (Cincinnati, Ohio) www.myspace.com/kdrama
· D-Maub - (Cincinnati, Ohio) www.OneRouteEntertainment.com
· big Al - (Monroe, Louisianna) www.bigalmusic.net
· Dre’ Murray - (Oklahoma) www.dremurray.com
· Tre9 - (Houston, TX) www.myspace.com/tre_9
· The WARRIORS ATX (Austin, TX) www.Warrioratx.com
· Von Won – (Houston, TX) – www.vonwon.com
· Gifted Da Flamethrowa – (Houston, TX) – www.myspace.com/iamgifted
· Bizzle – (Houston, TX) - www.myspace.com/playbizzle
Additional performers will be announced at a later date. Admission to all parts of this distinctive stage will be free of charge and open to the community.
A few sponsorship opportunities and performance slots are still available. Inquires should be directed to email@example.com.
“This is a huge opportunity for gospel rap as a whole and we plan to represent our genre, and most of all, our Lord, to the fullest,” Sketch the Journalist said.
|< Prev||Next >|